Términos del servicio
Terms and Conditions
- Accessing this Site
The website https://get-abn.com (Website) owned, operated and provided by ASSISTANT DOCS REGISTRATION PTY
LTD ABN: 46 641 756 514, 592 Main Street, 4169, Brisbane, Australia, doing business as “get-abn.com” and/or “get-abn”.
- The Australian Business Number (ABN) and Australian Business Name (Business Name) registration services (Services) provided through the Website
- Using the Website or Services means an agreement to abide by the following terms.
- Your obligations and rights in respect of the Website
- You are permitted to view, download and print any Website content, including text, images, information, graphics, software, or any materials on the Website (Content) that are expressly permitted to be downloaded or printed using a laptop, personal computer, tablet, smartphone, PDA or any other similar device, to use in a non-commercial and personal capacity for the purpose of using our Services.
- You agree not to:
- Use any of the Website Content for commercial purposes;
- Translate, reverse engineer, adapt or alter any of the Website software;
- License, publish or sell the Content for use on another website;
- Modify or edit the Content in any way;
- Add links to the Website from any other website before receiving our express written permission;
- Amend or remove any of the trademarks, copyrights or proprietary notices Belonging to us or any other individual or company featured on the Website;
- Use any manual process or automatic device, including robots and spiders, to copy or monitor the content without our written consent;
- Attempt to affect the proper working of the Website in any way, including through the use of any device or software.
- Intellectual property
- We and our licensors own the intellectual property rights of all Content and information, and the arrangement of all Content.
- It is forbidden to duplicate, publicly transmit, modify, delete or reproduce the Content without our express permission, except in the case of storage or printing for personal or other specific use permitted under copyright law.
- Trademarks, logos and product names will not be used without express permission from either us or the relevant rights holder. The only exception is where a trademark or other laws authorize specific use.
- Professional advice
- You must exercise independent judgment when using the Website or any of the services made available or referred to by the Website. All Content and information is provided for information purposes only and is not intended as professional advice.
- Our Services
- We do not advise you of the suitability or appropriateness of the Services for your individual needs. You must ensure the Services you purchase via the Website are suitable for your specific requirements. If you require further information or guidance, you should contact your accountant or lawyer, the Australian Taxation Office (ATO), or the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC).
- Although our team includes start-up experts and accountants, we do not provide or claim to provide, financial or legal advice. Services do not include legal or accounting services.
- Your use of our online ABN and Business Name registration applications is taken as an agreement that any information you supply is complete, accurate, and up-to-date. Supplying the ATO or ASIC with false or misleading information is an offense. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your information, which you can do by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We reserve the right to request that you verify your identity in accordance with these Terms by providing us with a form of identification at any time.
- In the event that you provide us with incorrect information, neither we (nor any of our authorized representatives) will be liable for any charges, damages or losses that arise in connection with that information.
- The aim of this Website is to provide you with clear and succinct information. We are not liable if you misinterpret such information. If you require clarification on any of our information, please contact us.
- We aim to start work on your ABN registration and Business Name application as soon as we receive them from you. You authorize us (through our corresponding division) or our nominated representative to act as:
- Your registered tax agent, acting on your behalf in your ABN application; and
- Your ASIC registered agent, if relevant, acting on your behalf, in your Business Name application.
- If the ATO rejects your application, our registered tax agent will be acting on your behalf, contact the ATO in an attempt to resolve any issues that may have arisen with regard to your application. We will inform you of the reasons that your application failed and will attempt to find appropriate solutions wherever possible. We will advise you immediately after we secure your ABN, and will resign as your tax agent.
- ABN registration services
- We will use electronic and telephone communication methods while communicating with the ATO on your behalf as part of our registered tax agent services.
- On occasion, it might not be possible for us to arrange for the ATO to process your ABN registration application immediately through our electronic system. In such cases, we will review your application and will manually apply for an ABN on your behalf. In a small number of cases, and pertaining to the specifics of an individual client’s application, the ATO specifies a waiting period of up to 28 days after the application is submitted before we can contact them to resolve any issues.
- If the ATO rejects your application, it may be due to one of the following reasons:
– The supplied information is not an exact match for information held on ATO records:
– You currently have previously applied for, or have previously had an ABN; or
– There are problems with the ATO processing system, including, but not limited to, maintenance issues or system downtime.
4. In the event that the ATO rejects your application, we will get in touch with you to explain other options available to you in establishing your business. If you decide you do not wish to proceed, your ABN application will be canceled and you will be issued with a full refund.
If the ATO places your application under review, it will be subjected to the standard 28-day response period. The ATO may advise you directly by post, using the address supplied in your application. You will usually receive notification within 14 days of the date that your application was filed.
If you submit applications for an ABN and Business Name at the same time, and the ABN is refused, we will cancel your ABN and Business Name applications.
We will inform you as soon as we have secured your ABN.
- Business Name registration services
- Any Business Name availability checks conducted using the Website’s ABN Registration Form are dependent on the ASIC business name register (ASIC Register). We will not be held responsible if the ASIC Register system experiences technical problems, including maintenance or downtime, or for omissions or errors in the ASIC Register.
- If the Business Name application form availability check reveals your Business Name is not available, your application for that Business Name will be terminated.
- If for any reason the ASIC Register is unavailable, and you still want to proceed, we can manually submit your Business Name application. In the event of a manual application, we are unable to check the availability of your chosen Business Name using the ASIC Register. If your Business Name is not available, you can decide whether to:
- Select an alternative business name; or
- Receive a full application fee refund from us, minus the Administration Charge.
- If we notify you that your Business Name is not available, and you do not request a different business name within 10 days of this notification, we will issue the refund as detailed above.
- Submitting a Business Name application via the Website does not guarantee successful registration of the Business Name. We are unable to provide any guarantees regarding the registration of your Business Name.
- If ASIC needs to manually review your Business Name, the registration of your Business Name may be delayed, or may not be successful.
- The ASIC Register Business Name availability check is conducted on the date we receive your Business Name application.
- We endeavor to file your Business Name application with ASIC as soon as possible after we receive your application. We will notify you if your desired Business Name is not available when we submit your Business Name application, in order that you can choose an alternative Business Name. We will not be held liable for any costs, damage or direct or indirect losses incurred by you due as a result of your Business Name’s unavailability for registration.
- You recognize that registering a Business Name does not stop third parties registering a similar trademark, business or company name, or using a similar name as an unregistered trademark.
- If, for any reason, ASIC rejects or queries your Business Name application, we will liaise with ASIC on your behalf in an attempt to resolve problems that have arisen with your application. We will notify you of the reasons your application failed and will discuss possible solutions with you wherever possible.
- If ASIC must manually review your application, we may require further evidence from you that supports your right to use certain terms. We will notify you of our requirements, and request you provide all requested information within a specified time period. If you fail to comply, we may discontinue your Business Name application.
- If you wish to seek a review of an ASIC decision, you must lodge an objection within 28 days of the date of the ASIC notice.
- We will act on your behalf and seek to overcome any objections, but cannot make any guarantees of success. In the event that your objection is unsuccessful, your Business Name application will be canceled, and your application fee refunded in full.
- You must obtain an ABN before registering a Business Name. If you fail to obtain an ABN, we may not be able to successfully complete your Business Name registration.
- Fees and charges
- You must pay all fees and charges owed to us upon submitting the ABN registration application form, without deduction, unless otherwise specified in the Terms. All relevant fees and charges must be paid before your ABN registration application can be successfully submitted.
- Fees and charges are listed in Australian Dollars (AUD) unless explicitly otherwise stated.
- We will not offer refunds of fees paid in relation to our Services, to the extent permitted by law, except in the following circumstances:
- You advise us you want to withdraw your ABN or Business Name application before the registration process has been started. In such cases, we may offer a full refund, minus our Administration Charge. Our services, however, are automated and operate in real-time in coordination with the relevant government agency. As a result, Services usually commence immediately after you submit your application and pay the associated fee. We will provide refunds in such circumstances entirely at our discretion.
- You submitted an ABN application that has been put on hold without being issued and you decide to withdraw the application. In this case, and at our discretion, we may offer you a partial refund totaling 50% of the ABN application fee.
- In the event that we receive a refund of any charges you have paid from ASIC, we will inform you right away and process a refund to your designated account.
- We may use any sum we owe to you to off-set any amounts you owe to us in connection with these Terms.
- You are not entitled to a refund as we have not received all the requested details within 15 days from when you submitted your application.
- For Business Name renewals:
- Existing clients will be sent a notification advising the renewal due date and any relevant fees.
- New clients who have requested we deal with Business Name renewals will be notified of the relevant fees once their request is received.
- We accept payment for Business Name renewal fees via both the Website and telephone.
- Accuracy of information
- This Website and its Content are provided on an “as is” basis. We endeavor to ensure all Website information is complete, accurate, and fully up to date. However, we do not make any guarantees in respect of the reliability, completeness, currency, or accuracy of the Content distributed or accessed via, contained on, linked to, or downloaded from or this Website.
- Website Availability
- We try at all times to ensure the Website, including its Content, performance, features and functionality, is continuously available, but we do not claim nor guarantee that access will be free of errors, timely or uninterrupted. Nor do we represent that the Website or its related server is a virus- or bug-free, or free of other interference or harmful applications. It is your responsibility to carry out adequate virus checks and to ensure sufficient procedures are in place to fulfill your own requirements.
- In the event of system failure, maintenance, repairs or any other reasons beyond our control affecting the Website, we may suspend your Website access without prior notice.
- Limitation of liability
- You use this Website entirely at your own risk and accept full responsibility for any loss incurred by your access to, reliance on, or downloading or use of Content accessed on or via the Website.
- Subject to any warranty, condition or right implied by, or any statutory consumer guarantee contained in, any law (including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)) which cannot by law be excluded by agreement:
- We do not provide any warranties, and do not have any other rights, other than those detailed in these Terms; and
- Any implied guarantees, conditions, rights and warranties are excluded.
- To the maximum extent legally permissible, we exclude any liability which arises as a result of you using the Website, Content or Services. Where it is not possible to exclude liability, any liability we incur will be, to the extent permitted by law, limited as provided and as per our option under section 64A of the Australian Consumer Law in Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (ACL).
- Subject to the provisions of other clauses contained within these Terms, and despite implications arising from any other provisions of these Terms, we are not, and will not be, liable to you in contract, in tort (including negligence), under any statute (to the extent permitted by law) or otherwise for, or in respect of, any direct or indirect loss, costs or damages that you incur or are liable for as a result of your use of this Website, the Content or Services, including but not limited to:
- Any claim or loss connected to your registration, and any use of, the ABN or Business Name you obtain via the Website; or
- The effects of any computer virus, including any, passed from the Website to your device or any third party computer, or the loss or interruption of access to the Website, Content or Services.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your chosen Business Name does not breach the ACL or infringe the registered trademark of any third party. We will not be liable to either you or any third party if you are found to have breached common law rights or legislation with respect to your registration and subsequent use of your Business Name.
- Any actions you take as a result of this Website or its Content will be taken entirely at your own risk. You acknowledge we will not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by you as a result of any reliance you place on the Website or Content.
- Third-Party Sites
- The Website may include links to other websites that are neither maintained nor controlled by us (Third Party Sites).
- Such links to Third Party Sites are provided only for your convenience and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we will not be held responsible for their content.
- Third-Party Site links do not imply that:
- The Third Party Site is affiliated with us in any way;
- The Third Party Site has legal authorization to use our logos, copyright, trademarks or trade names; or
- We have legal authorization to use the logos, copyright, trademarks or trade names of the Third Party Site.
- If you follow a link to any Third Party Site, you leave the Website at your own risk.
- We are not responsible for any Third Party Site accessed through our Website. We make no warranties, representations or undertakings pertaining to the content available on or via any Third Party Site.
- We reserve the right to terminate your access to any or all parts of the Website, the Services or the Content with immediate effect if you breach any of these Terms
- We may also terminate your access to the Website, the Services or the Content with reasonable notice.
- Modifications of Terms
- We may update or make changes to these Terms and any other Website policies without notice, at our discretion and at any time. Any such modifications become effective upon their publication on this Website or as otherwise advised.
- It is your responsibility to regularly review these Terms. Your continued use of the Website and the Services after any modifications will constitute your consent to such modifications.
- Disputes and chargebacks
- Disputes and chargebacks filed with your bank or/and with your credit card company will be considered as a breach of Terms and Conditions. As such, we will no longer be representing you as your TAX agent and will immediately proceed to revoke and cancel any ABN, Business Name or GST registration filed by us on your behalf.
- These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Queensland, Australia. You submit to the jurisdiction of the State’s courts.
- If any part or provision of these Terms is declared unenforceable or invalid for any reason, the remaining portion will remain in full effect and its validity will not be affected.
- The entire agreement in respect of your use of the Website and the Services is recorded in these Terms.
- You can edit your account information, including your subscription preferences at any time.
- New categories of communications may be added to the subscription preferences page from time to time. Users who register and visit this page can opt-out of receiving any communications from these categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Get-ABN service, such as service announcements, product updates, administrative messages and our newsletter, that are considered part of your account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- Tax Registrations
- The declaration below applies to your application for the following Australian Taxation Office (ATO) registrations:
- Australian Business Number (ABN)
Goods and Services Tax (GST)
The information provided in this application (including attachments if applicable) is true and correct.
Penalties of up to $12,600 can apply for each false or misleading statement(opens in new window) made in an ABN application.
The information provided to get-abn in this form may include personal information.